I unplugged and walked into the country-side. The cool mist of the morning caressed my face refreshing my senses. The grass swished under my feet and little of the quietness soaked in,
Down the valley carpets of blue red and yellow flowers stretched before me. Blue spruce lined the far end of the floral mural highlighted by the rising sun.
A doe and a frisky fawn crossed the meadow seemingly unaware of my presence. Immobile and silent I watched them cross on out of sight.
I needed this. So much anger and hate in the media, in politics. I needed to remind myself that that’s not all there is. That’s not even a big part of the whole of human existence.
The music of the birds and the gentle breeze are so soothing. The warming sun caresses me and comforts me.
My day in nature is great. But I wonder if the lack of the negative is as much responsible for a great day as the beauty nature has to offer. I think both or either would do any soul good.
I need to have more great days. I need to consciously shut down the negative intake and on-purpose replace that with beauty of some sort.
I encourage all my friends to do the same. Remember…SMILE!
- Some men will have their first dollar. The man who is really rich is the one who still has his first friend.
- Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of yor friends. Henry Ward Beecher
- He whose hand is clasped in friendship cannot throw mud.
- A friend is a present you give yourself. Robert Louis Stevenson
We are in the time of fairs, festivals and such. Get out of the house enjoy yourselves. But better than that, share the experiences. Events are often richer when shared with feiends and family, just like blogs.
Enjoy Share Love
- Behind every President of the United States-there stands a proud wife and a flabbergasted mother-in-law.
- There’s nothing wrong with our foreign policy that faith, hope, and clarity couldn’t cure.
- This horse took so long to come in, the jockey carried a change of saddle.
- Internal Revenue Service: the world’s most successful mail order business.
- You look at the news- murders, bombings, muggings-and sometimes you wonder, maybe the Native Americans should have had stricter immigration laws.
- This could be very big! Plastic song sheets for people who sing in the shower.
- I once knew a glassblower who got the hiccups. Turned out 700 crystal balls before we could stop him.
- History tells us Lincoln once walked nine miles to borrow a book-so now we close libraries on his birthday.
Sometimes we need to lighten up. We get so worried about things that we forget to live. It is therapeutic to occasionally set our fears and uncertainties aside and enjoy the moment. Too much stress will often rob you of great experiences available all around you.
At the end of a day enclosed by walls and focused on our tasks. how wonderful to step outside and see a bigger more beautiful and vibrant reality!
The sky is scenery an artwork that convinces me that its beauty is not mere happenstance.
How can a place be so beautiful and so rough, so inviting and so dangerous?
Sometimes it is really easy to smile.
May your week be a positive one and your attitude even more so.
- What are planting to grow the seedless watermelon? Jerry Seinfeld
- What do you call a dumb carnivore? A meathead
- If we shouldn’t eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge?
- How come you never see a headline like “Psychic wins lottery”?
- Does it disturb anyone else that “the Los Angeles Angels” translates directly to ” the the angels angels”? Neil DeGrasse
- If con is the opposite of pro; then isn’t congress the opposite of progress? Jon Stewart
When we hear of persons hurting others on the news, we should remember that there are a great many more care giving, protecting, loving people out there that never make the news. Good folks outnumber the knuckleheads.
LET’S ALL SMILE THIS WEEK.
- Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. William Allen White
- I disapprove of what you say, bit I will defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire (attributed)
- Any nation that thinks more of its ease and comfort than its freedom will soon lose its freedom; and the ironical thing about it is that it will lose its ease and comfort too. W. Somerset Maugham
Ask most people in what we consider free societies whether they believe in personal freedom and they will respond positively. Some even wax eloquent about loving freedom. But freedom is not a word that means much practically without a context.
Freedom in our lives is usually freedom to and freedom from. We love the freedom to think, believe, say, and do. We want freedom from restriction, pain, etc. This is a good time to consider what freedoms we value and are willing or unwilling to share with others. What freedoms or rights are we born with? Do we believe the state, the experts, or the majority have the right to to take them away?
Remember freedoms are to be society-wide. If not, are we imitating the the models of Kingship, aristocratic rule, nazism, fascism, or communism? Is that really the direction a free people should be heading?
Please think about freedom. be sure of what you believe and why you believe it. I hope you all have a great week. Enjoy your freedoms.
- When no one around you seems to measure up, it is time to check up on your yardstick.
- What is funny about us is that we take ourselves too seriously. Reinhold Niebuhr
- If all is not lost where exactly is it?
- Hear about the New Age church in California? It has three commandments and six suggestions.
- Horse sense is the good judgment that prevents horses from betting on humans. W.C.Fields
As the haters on the left and right gear up for another try at increasing their power, let us run a campaign of our own…an anti-hate campaign.
People can be Great.
Animals can be fun.
AND scenery can be gorgeous.
Have a great week and appreciate the beauty and riches around you.