- What are planting to grow the seedless watermelon? Jerry Seinfeld
- What do you call a dumb carnivore? A meathead
- If we shouldn’t eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge?
- How come you never see a headline like “Psychic wins lottery”?
- Does it disturb anyone else that “the Los Angeles Angels” translates directly to ” the the angels angels”? Neil DeGrasse
- If con is the opposite of pro; then isn’t congress the opposite of progress? Jon Stewart
When we hear of persons hurting others on the news, we should remember that there are a great many more care giving, protecting, loving people out there that never make the news. Good folks outnumber the knuckleheads.
LET’S ALL SMILE THIS WEEK.
- Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. William Allen White
- I disapprove of what you say, bit I will defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire (attributed)
- Any nation that thinks more of its ease and comfort than its freedom will soon lose its freedom; and the ironical thing about it is that it will lose its ease and comfort too. W. Somerset Maugham
Ask most people in what we consider free societies whether they believe in personal freedom and they will respond positively. Some even wax eloquent about loving freedom. But freedom is not a word that means much practically without a context.
Freedom in our lives is usually freedom to and freedom from. We love the freedom to think, believe, say, and do. We want freedom from restriction, pain, etc. This is a good time to consider what freedoms we value and are willing or unwilling to share with others. What freedoms or rights are we born with? Do we believe the state, the experts, or the majority have the right to to take them away?
Remember freedoms are to be society-wide. If not, are we imitating the the models of Kingship, aristocratic rule, nazism, fascism, or communism? Is that really the direction a free people should be heading?
Please think about freedom. be sure of what you believe and why you believe it. I hope you all have a great week. Enjoy your freedoms.
- When no one around you seems to measure up, it is time to check up on your yardstick.
- What is funny about us is that we take ourselves too seriously. Reinhold Niebuhr
- If all is not lost where exactly is it?
- Hear about the New Age church in California? It has three commandments and six suggestions.
- Horse sense is the good judgment that prevents horses from betting on humans. W.C.Fields
As the haters on the left and right gear up for another try at increasing their power, let us run a campaign of our own…an anti-hate campaign.
People can be Great.
Animals can be fun.
AND scenery can be gorgeous.
Have a great week and appreciate the beauty and riches around you.
Tim has been physically and technologically unable to blog. Sorry for the inconvenience. Next week’s blog will be on time. Keep positive.
- If opportunity doesn’t knock build a door. Zig Ziglar
- Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth. Paul Daugherty
- We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. Native American Proverb
- Forever is composed of nows. Emily Dickinson
Just to consider these quotes helps us to a greater awareness.
Now to revisit a little humor.
- The early gets the worm. So remember, you’d be an idiot to be an early worm.
- One of the quickest ways to meet new people is to pick up the wrong golf ball.
- To err is human but to really screw up requires a computer.
- Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites.
- Never knock on death’s door. Just ring the bell and run away. He hates that.
Remember our friends…KO Kat, Incognito, and Kung Fu Kitty
Have a great week.
Just a reminder this week that there are so many things to do and see now that summer is near. There are fairs, festivals, ball games, lakes to see, food to eat, people to watch. There is so much to see and to learn.
This post is an encouragement for you to find something special to do and share it with friends and family. When you look back you’ll remember special experiences, special people.
It’s very easy to be inactive. My TV and electronic toys make me think I’m doing something when I’m not doing much. Ten years from now what I watched on TV or YouTube will probably be long forgotten. But I still remembers great concerts and festivals from decades ago.
Pick some new things. Build some new memories. You may be amazed. You may end up saying WOW!
Have a Great Week! Create a WOW!
This weeks post will be short due to circumstances with which I will not bore you. This just a note to remember how rich we are in people, freedoms, and the beauty of the world we appreciate through our senses. We are rich in foods and music. we are rich in positive people working to improve our world. There are the ones who do it professionally and those who go beyond their professions to help to serve to change. Remember the doctors and nurses, the teachers and tutors, those in the service and the veterans. Appreciate your spouse, your family, your friends…in them lay many of the riches of your life. Appreciate. You are rich.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!